• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust header on the 250 cummins.

jrobinson5093

I have been doing a lot of reading about how people would make more power out of these old engines. And I came across a few talking about headers. I am thinking about building me one for my M818. I looked at superchargers, but it is really hard to find one that would fit the engine. I dont really want to turbo it. To be honest I think it would sound cool with a split header and dual stacks. I doubt if it will gain much if any in power. I dont use the truck for pulling alot so that dont really bother me. What size would be good for the primaries. I was thinking 2 1/4 inch pipe inch a five inch pipe with dual 6 inch stacks behind the cab.

Vintage iron

There are so many easier ways to make power. I think headers would be a waste of time. I would put on a better air filter, add a lift pump with better fuel filters first.

jrobinson5093

I already have electric pump. And I get it want make much power. Im just looking to do something a little different. I also think it will sound pretty nice with a good pair of straight through mufflers, I would just use straight stacks but I believe it will be too loud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks