• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust header on the 250 cummins.

jrobinson5093

I have been doing a lot of reading about how people would make more power out of these old engines. And I came across a few talking about headers. I am thinking about building me one for my M818. I looked at superchargers, but it is really hard to find one that would fit the engine. I dont really want to turbo it. To be honest I think it would sound cool with a split header and dual stacks. I doubt if it will gain much if any in power. I dont use the truck for pulling alot so that dont really bother me. What size would be good for the primaries. I was thinking 2 1/4 inch pipe inch a five inch pipe with dual 6 inch stacks behind the cab.

Vintage iron

There are so many easier ways to make power. I think headers would be a waste of time. I would put on a better air filter, add a lift pump with better fuel filters first.

jrobinson5093

I already have electric pump. And I get it want make much power. Im just looking to do something a little different. I also think it will sound pretty nice with a good pair of straight through mufflers, I would just use straight stacks but I believe it will be too loud.