• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust/intake gasket from TNJ Murray damaged, not sure if it is usable

deucer

I ordered all the gaskets from TNJ Murray to replace my intake/exhaust gaskets and those gaskets required to get to them. They arrived and I have everything torn apart now and I open the cardboard wrapped around the Exhaust/intake gaskets and one looked great but the other one looked like it had been sitting on an oily workbench. There are sections with what appears to be oil stains and several spots where the gasket had been bent but not broken. It is not ripped in two anywhere but it has definitely been bent in those places and my fear is it could have weakened the gaskets material and either that or the oil could cause the new gasket to leak. I am going to walk downstairs and try to upload a picture of it. I am in a bit of a bind since it is torn apart and it is not located at my house but at someone else's hours away so I would like to go ahead and use it tomorrow if those are not a big concern, but if I am inviting a problem I need to know. I think it would be alright since it has the metal core and none of the gasket material is missing, but I am still learning as I have not had the truck very long. I contacted TNJ but have not heard back yet and don't want to wait too long if not necessary as it will cost me time and money. The money for another gasket is not the problem, it is the days it would take to get a replacement one and another 2 hour trip to the truck.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you paid for new gaskets I would be sending them back . They look like something they laying around in their shop and didn't use.

deucer

I would simply send it back for sure based upon the principle of it if it were not a major inconvenience at this point. I will send it back if I have to, I was just hoping it could be used and I would just keep this experience in mind moving forward.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would exchange them. No point in rolling the dice and finding out they leak, and then having to tear it apart again and buy new gaskets.

steelandcanvas

I agree with Porky and Tow4. I'd hold TNJ's feet to the fire and have them make it right. You bought new gaskets, not something that has been laying around on the bench.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Porky and Tow4. I'd hold TNJ's feet to the fire and have them make it right. You bought new gaskets, not something that has been laying around on the bench.
He has made several posts on here he is here to help members out . If he has truely improved customer service he will overnight you a new set at his expense .

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you contacted him? I guarantee he'll make it right by you. He has helped me out a dozen times if it was once. I trust John.

deucer

John was traveling but his employees took care of me, they sent me a new one via overnight Saturday delivery. It only delayed me one day but was worth the wait since they were willing to make it right.

jatonka

Glad to hear you were satisfied. Glad the vendor held up his end. Vendors who stand up and do the right thing should be appreciated and good word of mouth goes a long way. I am a vendor and good word of mouth is what keeps me alive. John T

steelandcanvas

Glad to hear you were satisfied. Glad the vendor held up his end. Vendors who stand up and do the right thing should be appreciated and good word of mouth goes a long way. I am a vendor and good word of mouth is what keeps me alive. John T
John, You are a good vendor, never a problem with our deals.

Heath_h49008

Someone should add this as a sticky to the vendor section... Problem and solution.

Nice to know who we can trust and know they are here on the board.

(Now I have to buy something from them and support a good vendor... Drat!)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone should add this as a sticky to the vendor section... Problem and solution.

Nice to know who we can trust and know they are here on the board.

(Now I have to buy something from them and support a good vendor... Drat!)
I would think it rates as a sticky , unless this was stickied with it . TNJ Murray Worldwide
It is good to see they stepped up this time .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks