• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust prefrence Factory or stacks in the bed Postives negtatives For my CUCV m1008

Hey yall as u know im a newbie to the military trucks i bought my first one a couple of weeks ago 1985 Cucv m1008 was wandering does a diesel require any back pressure or is it better to straight pipe it also orignal stock location exhaust or stacks any pros cons to either im in need of some suggestions any help i would be grateful

2deuce

Within reason the diesel doesn't like back pressure, probably a 2 stroke diesel will need it. I personally don't like the stack, but to each his own. I would run a bigger pipe out the back when my stock ones need replacing.

Within reason the diesel doesn't like back pressure, probably a 2 stroke diesel will need it. I personally don't like the stack, but to each his own. I would run a bigger pipe out the back when my stock ones need replacing.

yeah thanks for the suggestion problem is right now the pipes are straight piped directly into the bed of the truck two 4 inch holes were cut for 2 cheesy stacks now its only a stub of pipe sticking up on one side and the otherside is just hangin HENCE the first thread would the orignal side pipe work just as good or would the Forwarding pipes from a humvee make a good pair of stacks just curious again thanks for the info keep it comin very grateful for the info

dstang97

I like factory unless you have a turbo. Then out the side. I think stacks are played out. most of them look stupid any way. Be different keep it stock.

I like factory unless you have a turbo. Then out the side. I think stacks are played out. most of them look stupid any way. Be different keep it stock.

Well i was going to be diffrent i was going to use a couple of humvee forwarding exhaust pipes as my stacks paint them black with bq black was an idea

also i can go with the side pipes they arent expensive from walker les than 40 for both sides

oldmechanic

the 6.2 engine with out mufflers is extremely loud & I think that stacks coming out of a pickup bed look stupid, so I would recommend staying stock
OM

the 6.2 engine with out mufflers is extremely loud & I think that stacks coming out of a pickup bed look stupid, so I would recommend staying stock
OM

Well if i go back to stock pipes will running an after market set of mufflers be bad for the diesel as i know they dont like back pressure and what size pipe is best just curious as i can start over if need be basically its straight pipe as of now directly in the truck bed where thier was stacks im going to replace the bed eventually Thanks for the info im grateful :beer: