• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

exhaust size

odnorth

Can someone tell me the exhaust size for a non turbo multi-fuel, l know the turbo trucks are 3.5", also the non turbo trucks went underneath and exited over the duals did'nt they?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gassers exited at the rear. Diesels have stacks(except the 427).

Non turbos have a muffler then go up a stack.

RodUSMC1962

I remember as a young private riding in the back of a duece to try and sit forward of the exhaust coming out the side, it would gag you. Maybe doghead remembers that to if he is old enough, I don`t know.
We didn`t get multi-fuels till early 1965.

goodguyzy

I have/had a non-turbo that didn't exit through the fender but under the truck and exited I believe originally under the truck but when I bought it from the FD they said they had to re-do it to exit before the duels. If I remember right it was also a 3.5 inch exhaust. BTW I used that fender with no hole in it for the bobber and have a bottom rear exhaust stepped up to 4" with a magnaflow muffler. Hope that helps eh! PSS it was a m35a2c from the air force.