• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust Smoke Question

springbok

Working on tracking down some exhaust smoke issues.
When I start up I get a little white smoke, research on that seems to be un burnt fuel, maybe glow plugs, not too worried.
The one I am worried about is when I accelerate I get a good deal of smoke out. It is not really dark smoke but still enough to wonder what the cause it.
If I am going down the road and not giving it the goose it seems to stop or is not enough to be able to see it. If I floor it, it pumps out a good deal of smoke.
I do not seem to be loosing oil.
It is a 6.2L that was rebuilt in 1997.
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Attachments

glassk

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/3100109-post1.html

When white smoke is still visible after full operating temperature, the engine may have one or more bad injectors, miss adjusted ALDA, retarded injection timing, a damaged timing device, or a worn/damaged injection pump.

BLACK SMOKE

* Black smoke is usually a sign that there's too much fuel, not enough air or injection pump timing is off.
* Leaky injectors will enrich the air/fuel mixture and cause black smoke.
* A restricted exhaust system.
* Leaking Turbo seal.
* Worn - damaged valve guides and or seals.
* Vacuum modulator diaphragm broken = transmission fluid pumping into the engine crankcase through the vacuum pump = potential engine runaway