• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust Stack Quick Disconnect

StoneMill

My garage door is a few inches to long to let me back the deuce in without removing the stack. I just clear without the cab top off. Might actually make it with the cab top on too, but haven't tried yet.
I'm considering chopping off a couple inches of the stack, maybe flat, maybe angled like stock. The stock clamp is a pain to put on/off myself, probably be easier with a longer bolt, but is there any quicker clamp that could be used. Something tool-less that

jesusgatos

I think the best way to do that might be to modify the exhaust to create a slip-fit junction, and then use springs to hold the two sections together. Lots of exhaust systems are built this way, and they're quick/easy to take apart (and put beck together).

StoneMill

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna run it over to my exhaust guy and see what he can come up with as far as a slip fit. I'd like to be able jump out with the truck running and quickly pull the exhaust and back the rest of the way in. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

4x4forlife

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna run it over to my exhaust guy and see what he can come up with as far as a slip fit. I'd like to be able jump out with the truck running and quickly pull the exhaust and back the rest of the way in. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Did anybody else catch that? Diesel exhaust pipe..? Bare hands...? HOT METAL...

I think your safest bet would be to cut it down if it's that close of a call. Just my 2 cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks