• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust system on m1009

MudderMilitia

Hey guys, I want to replace some of the exhaust on my m1009 thats starting to rust out. The front half looks like its in pretty good shape but the back half....not so much. Is there a kit out there that you recommend? Any kits that dont fit good and I should stay away from? Also looking to replace the mufflers. I kinda want to get something that would sound a little tougher, glasspacks maybe?

Thanks

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were in Ga I could make you one just like came on it and you could go with any mufflers you would like.
AEC Retired Tony

Midnight Rider

I'm a cheapskate so I just bought some Cherry Bomb glasspacks from Autozone and then fabbed up the rest myself.

I posted pics of my setup on here somewhere.

If you can't do that, then I would just go to an exhaust shop somewhere like Cucvfreak mentioned. That will be your best bet.

notsosanestan

I wouldn't suggest getting glasspacks for a m1009 its really loud especially going up hills I'm getting stock mufflers soon. I think the low gear ratio and three speed making it rev out so slow is the reason