• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust ?

nspctr1

My 998 has about a 1/4" hole in exhaust pipe near the Y. It's pretty rusty so thinking about having it replaced. What did you guys do/ use? I know it's going to be a little loud being a diesel but what muffler combo would quiet it down the most? Also, is it best to run single to avoid y or can you run dual. Where did you dump pipes? In front of rear tires, out back?
thx

Wire Fox

Dual exhaust? Is that a Hummer H1 thing? The exhausts are made different depending on if you have a TD or NA engine, but they all follow the same path to my knowledge: off the headers to merge into one pipe, through the muffler assembly, then exiting out the side pipe-just in front of the rear-left wheel. If you have a dual setup, I don't think that's following any HMMWV spec.

nspctr1

It's stock, single, was wondering if there were any other configurations that were better or , if you replaced one, what is best option to go back with?

ryanruck

I had a hole in my crossover pipe near the flange at the driver's side manifold. Ended up just buying a new one and keeping the exhaust stock. It's a pretty free flowing exhaust from what I can tell plus, I want to install a deep fording kit on my truck eventually and changing up the exhaust would make that harder.

Got my new crossover pipe from Equipment Parts Sales. They had the best price I was able to find unless I wanted to put a rusty, used one on there.

If you keep everything stock, just remember that when you replace the crossover pipe, you're also going to need 2 new manifold gaskets (NSN 5330-01-189-9738/PN 12338342) and a new muffler gasket (NSN 5330-01-200-0466/PN 12338339).

A word of installation advice, the crossover might not line up with your exhaust system perfectly when installing. I had to use some ratchet straps to bend and pull everything where I needed and bolt it all together.

desmodromic

Dual exhaust? Is that a Hummer H1 thing? The exhausts are made different depending on if you have a TD or NA engine, but they all follow the same path to my knowledge: off the headers to merge into one pipe, through the muffler assembly, then exiting out the side pipe-just in front of the rear-left wheel. If you have a dual setup, I don't think that's following any HMMWV spec.
What is the difference between the 6.5L NA vs the 6.5L Turbo exhaust?

snowtrac nome

where the pipes merge, on the turbo version both pipes off the header merge at the turbo exhaust housing side than runs into a down pipe after the turbo the na model merges at the y pipe just like the 6.2

nspctr1

awesome and sorry for the dumb ? was already at the exhaust shop. There was a pretty good size hole in the pipe and I had them replace that section for now. It was below the Y so it wasnt that difficult. Thx for replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks