• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exide batteries

nspctr1

OK, so the 6TL's not holding a charge so read through the forum and chose the exide batteries from tractor supply. The posts say the batteries fit in compartment, which they do but, do you not use the tray?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What size battery?

nspctr1

Vehicle Battery | Brand : Exide | Type : Lead Acid | BCI Group Size : 31 | Cold Cranking Amps : 925 | Cranking Amps : 1050 | Terminal Type : SAE | Terminal Voltage : 12 Volt | Product Width : 6-13/16 in. | Product Length : 13 in.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always liked Odyssey batteries. They are solid state that work well in low temperature and provide high cranking amperage. They are also very powerful and yet smaller than traditional batteries. although the batteries are smaller, they're much more powerful than liquid and gel batteries. The smaller size means that they fit anywhere. I have a Diesel Land Cruiser that is 24 V and I used these batteries on that application and they have never ever failed me. On some of my other vehicles, the fact that these batteries are smaller allows for moving battery placement elsewhere, but that is not necessary in these vehicles.

I also believe that they are domestically produced.

Last edited:

nspctr1

Can you install batteries in the compartment without the tray. Put down some kind of mat to absorb impact. Or do they have to be the same size as 6TL?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should always ensure that your batteries do not bump around. The sheets of anode and cathode can break or move and short circuit. The battery shells can crack and leak acid. Tie downs and such are important.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks