• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Expando Trailer made it home and opened up for the summer!

Andy1234

Picked up and expando trailer a few months ago in Jeff City, and the ground has finally dried enough that I was able to bring it home on Thursday.

So, to celebrate the summertime's arrival, Hairba11 and I opened it up and christened it.

Enjoy!

Andy

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Andy, I know a guy that has the curtains that go on the box once its opened. If you decide you night be interested, shoot me a PM.

Alredneck

Banned
Sweet, I see yall picked it up in the convertible! Your bolster trailer is holding the weeds down at Talon!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Love it! Rally HQ trailer :-D

Andy1234

Today, Hairba11 and I removed the old and broken 3 phase electric panel, and installed a new 1 phase electric panel.

The plan is to have a 6 ga extension cord that can be plugged into the back of the trailer and power all the outlets and the lights (and the beer fridge, laptop, humidor, etc...).

Panel is a standard size 100A Square D panel from (b)Lowes, and it cost approx $100. The (2) 3 phase outlets have been change to 220V 1 phase, and may be used for air conditioners.

All work was supervised by our own personal inspector, as shown in the last pic.

Andy

Attachments

davidkroberts

excellent, how did it pull with the 818 any issues?

ive been halfway looking for one but havent gotten around to getting one yet, one of the many things on the planned to do but havent "done" yet

hairba11

excellent, how did it pull with the 818 any issues?

ive been halfway looking for one but havent gotten around to getting one yet, one of the many things on the planned to do but havent "done" yet
I drove it back from jefferson city. It hooked right up, all the trailer lights worked, the brakes worked, the tires were new and had good pressure, and trailered very nicely.

you could definitely tell it was a 20,000 lb trailer when going up hill, but it wasn't pushing me around.

the biggest issue is the turning radius on the truck is larger than the turning radius on the trailer so backing it is a chore. its like trying to back a log splitter hooked to your pickup, you just can't turn sharp enough to correct it and have to pull forward again, and again, and again.

rwbrown72

That is a nice find. I would love to have one. We shall see. I still say we should have a small St. Louis get together. Set this thing up. Maybe a tailgate. Wait, the RAMS still suck! Maybe at a Blues game!

davidkroberts

i would be up for a stl get together im in northwest tenn and st.l. isnt all that far. surely there has to be someplace to wheel around that area. we have turkey creek at kentucky lake but the trails are too tight for anything other than a jeep or smaller.

im game :beer:

saddamsnightmare

June 1st, 2010.

So what do you think Uncle intended it to be used for, other then Libations for a Bob Hope USO show???? Curiousity killed the inspector, so to speak, and satisfaction brought him or her back!

:lost:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks