• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Expedition cucv

motorstormer

Have a question and since I started this thread seems an appropriate place to ask. I'm going to have to replace my pinion seal in my rear axle and I thought about adding a pinion guard since I will have it apart. suggestions on brands? Is this all I may need? Other options? Has any one here put one on, pics?

motorstormer

Better diff covers are also a good idea. Plus better trans, transfer case and engine amour.
I agree with that but this will be a slow process due to time and money, but since I will have it apart anyway I figured it would be a good time to add this little bit of protection that doesn't cost a whole lot.

motorstormer

Ordered a pinion guard last night from Barnes 4wd it cost 61$ shipped and with new bolts, hopefully will be here before this weekend, will take pics when installed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I'm late in answering. I have not tried to insulate the steel toppers yet. Here are a bunch of parts and wood that I bolted together to make a trailer. Just made a 1500 mile trip with it. Really like that topper on there.

Attachments

WARWAG

Why is unsprung weight a bad thing? and I'm not planning on rock crawling either I just thought the extra security would be nice just in case.
Unsprung weight slows the reaction of the tire to adjust to the current terrain its on. In a 4x4 that's NOT a desert racer or other high speed event like those. Unsrung weight is really not as big a deal as others have in there minds. IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT UNSPRUNG WEIGHT THEN DO A DISC BRAKE CONVERSION. You loose 75 Lbs right at the tires. That's where unsprung weight really matters the most. weight right at the center of the axle is still unsprung weight but its not where it would hinder individual tire movement in HI SPEED applications.

Last edited:

motorstormer

Thanks for the response I almost forgot about this thread been pretty busy lately. Also I did put the pinion gaurd on, haven't hit it yet but I like the peace of mind. Other than that the truck is pretty much were in left off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks