• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

expensive 816

tcody

25K is still way over market IMHO. They have ben sitting along with the 60K M911's for years. If it ain't selling it's overpriced.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its all in the market value right now with the economy like it is.. that is a good price for that truck in that condition. i have seen some at the 50K price . i dont know if they sold or not.. but if my paint job on mine was that good then i wouldnt sell it for 25K myself.

TexAndy

That one is in very good shape.

Everybody deserves a return on their investment.

If it it worth it to a buyer then it is not overpriced.

The guy that bought my wrecker put some bucks into refurbing it but he told me he could not buy a civilian equivalent for less than 50k used.

The crane on these trucks is prob worth 10k.

I know there is one dealer that will pay 13K for a rebuildable core wrecker.
Who is that and where is he located, please?

tcody

So are you guys saying all that green stuff littering my yard that my wife has been after me to get rid of is worth a small fortune? If so would someone please tell her that. LOL

kubota_247

StoneMill, FYI, that wrecker on Ebay did sell on 9/14 for $10,101.00 and the buyer couldn't go through with the deal. I was watching it and I have it saved on My Ebay.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For someone who does recovery work for law enforcement etc...like we do...you never know what you will run into. We have a fully functional M816 (some of you have seen it). I don't have 25K in it and it's not "fully restored" but runs, looks and operates really well.
I wouldn't sell it for 25K unless the "wolf was at the door"!!:)

Our civilian 30ton wreckers are pretty much helpless when it comes to getting off the improved roads.

Besides....the "coolness factor" adds alot to the valuerofl

L.A. County Sheriff had one squirreled away in East Los Angeles. I saw it once from behind a chain link fence, but it has disappeared.

We do have some other green iron repainted in black and white with all the LASD markings to include a nice 814 :drool:, a couple of deuces with 105's and some USAF IH bobtailers. The 814 used to sit downtown L.A. in the Transportation Compound at the Men's Central (County) Jail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks