• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Experience with Tom Wood's NP208 SYE kit?

nudewheeler

Howdy Folks,

Regarding my driveline vibrations I've been researching solutions. One solution is Tom Wood's Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE) kit for the NP208. This uses a modified NP208 tailhousing and a shaft.

I am curious if anyone has used this for their NP208. I would like to know how you felt about the quality and how it is performing.

Tom Wood's website does not have a dynamic URL, so here is how to get to the page:

1. Click here for 4xshaft.com
  2. click the top center picture about SKY kits/tailhouse modification
  3. At the very bottom of this page, press the link labeled "click here for more detailed information"
  4. Click on the link for 208

This is one consideration in solving my driveline problems. Another would be invest a bit more money, find an NP241 with a 32 spline input (or install a 32 spline input), then put a SYE kit on it...

I am quite curious if anyone on the board has experience with the NP208 SYE kit made from modified parts.

Thanks in advance.

nudewheeler

Um, its rather rough. With no shims the keys hanging out of the ignition were jingling a good one. With both the 2.5 and 4 degree shims, it is still a concerning shutter but not quite to that magnitude. I'm not driving it except for test drives.

KsM715

I have no experience with that particular set up, however, I did have a SYE set up with a shaft from Tom Woods on one of my previous civy Jeeps. They are well known for top quality work in the 4x4/rockcrawler world.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks