• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exploring the yard.

KsM715

May be interested in a set of the armor towing feet. How do they work? How much do you need for a set?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/72706-help-iding-tow-foot.html

Price? I'll have to check. Judging by what I paid today for the axle clamps and what he said he thought he needed for the PTO, Not much. Will keep up to date on this. Might just have to take the bobber up there and load the back up with what ever I can haul.

The CFO will not be happy unless I can sell some of this to feed my addiction.

I got the dreaded "did you need this for the truck to sell, or did you just want it" question when she got home from work today. (I've got a shelter to sleep in if need be.)rofl

KsM715

it is the back spacing, thay are set for SINGLES
The offset is the difference between M34 and M35 rims. You can't run dual M34 rims stock because the tires would interfere with each other.

I thought so. It caught my attention when I was looking at the red deuce. I noticed it had singles on the back and I thought there was no way to run duals with those rims.

KsM715

BTT,

Going back tomorrow morning. Anyone else see something in the pics they want or want me to get a closer look at?

KsM715

ODdave, PM sent.

Whats a ball park figure on the fuel and water cans? These have been sitting out in the weather for years and some are a little rusty. I plan to get one of each just for my self but if they are cheap enough I might get 3-4 more to spread around.

Also what about tires? They have several 16's that have been laying in the grass for lord knows how long. If they have decent tread would they be of any use or just to questionable to use?

KsM715

I got the PTO and the c-turbo today, along with a few other items. 2 more double chain towing clamps without the chains, (couln't find them but Im sure they are buried there somewhere), 4 of the armor tow hooks with pins. (not sure if they are the right pins but they fit). 1 huge tow adapter, couldn't find the second, again I'm sure its there buried somewhere. 3 foldout windshield brackets. (the clamping screw on mine is stripped, so why not get a few extras) 1 3lever light switch. 1 headlight. 1 water can. 1. fuel can

I didn't have the cash for the rest of the fuel and water cans nor the wheels off the fire truck.

The turbo and associated parts are possibly spoken for and the PTO is not for sale..............yet. (I have to find out for my self if it will work on a M809 5 ton t-case)

Attachments

KsM715

#10 pic looks like a 5t transfer pto
It came off a '53 gasser M530 fire truck. (I think M530 is right, I should have gotten a pic of the data plate on the door) I have read a few threads about fitting one to a 5ton. But no definitive answer. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I pull the cover off the back of the M818's transfer case.

Got your PM about installing the oil line. Thanks

did you get a chance to ask bout the motor? and dont pull it! ha im not sure if i need it yet!

I asked, He said he would have to think about it. It had one ell of a rats nest in the airfilter housing. Its missing the turbo now, just so you know.

zout

How much they want for that jeep in the pictures - it looks like it ran when last parked ??

Na really - looks like you had a great time scavaging and some really good loot came from the effort - great pics of the hunt.

KsM715

No '08's But there was one '09 stacked on some other trucks but it was stripped clean. I can not recall if the brushguard was on it or not. Next Tme I'm up there Ill take a look.

Cooltex24

Can you find out how much they would want for the whole 530? I am looking at a second one, and would love to add that and restore it. Thanks.

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks