• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exporting entire thred

jaymcb

Is there a way to export an entire thread from here to have in a printed form?

A search for export thread or print thread doesn't seem to turn up anything useful.

Going to Thread tools> Show Printable version only appears to give an option to "Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page"

I'm wondering if there is a way to concatenate a thread's output, or if you have to go to each page from the printable version and add them to a document if you want an offfline printed copy of a thread.

thanks for any help

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Copyright: All photographs and printed material on SS.com are protected by US and International Copyright rules. Please do not reproduce any part of the SS website or forums without the approval of the site management. Copyright to posts and other information become the property of the SS website.

jaymcb

DH, does this mean you don't want a printed copy of any thread or data coming off the site?

I have no plan or intention of posting any of it elsewhere; my sole intention is to have a personal printed copy of data in a thread here for personal referral only.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not really if it's a long thread. Although you could download a print to pdf application and do it on your own. I'm actually looking into this for a member right now.

salt6

Copyright: All photographs and printed material on SS.com are protected by US and International Copyright rules. Please do not reproduce any part of the SS website or forums without the approval of the site management. Copyright to posts and other information become the property of the SS website.

What is "other information"

Also I believe there is a fair use clause to the copyright.

deuceaid

Banned
like I said, it takes too long to explain,, but if my computer never shuts down , and I have multiple tabs open, ( and never delete the temparay files) its all mine.... it takes alot of computting power.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
like I said, it takes too long to explain,, but if my computer never shuts down , and I have multiple tabs open, ( and never delete the temparay files) its all mine.... it takes alot of computting power.
You used to make such valuable posts...what happened?

Last edited:

quickfarms

Please provide a link to your copyright

This morning I searched the US copyrights for steel soldiers and i recieved only one hit, and that for the the name "steel Soldiers"

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
You used to make such valuable posts...what happened?
I got irritated, and had beer......a bad combination for me,, I`m not ranting now, (or drinking) just bummed out about the thread moving to where people cant learn from it.. its just a real drag... oh well.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I got irritated, and had beer......a bad combination for me,, I`m not ranting now, (or drinking) just bummed out about the thread moving to where people cant learn from it.. its just a real drag... oh well.
Eat two cookies and call me next March...all is good:-D

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That coupled with the tweak I've made to the "printable" display will net it in a two part process. Instead of "printing" every single page.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If it's the bug out thread, give it time and leave it alone, you're talking 400+ pages. Mine took a while to compile as well. Saving the html as a file was 5 megs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks