• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exporting EUC generator?

Isaac-1

Does anyone here know the rules on exporting an EUC listed generator for personal use? I ask because I may have an chance to purchase a partly finished vacation/retirement house in the tropics (central America) at a quick sale price. The local power grid is highly unreliable and some form of back up power is important, as well as provide power for power tools, etc while finishing construction.

thanks

davidkroberts

I dont think you can export them at all without an export compliance letter from the dept of state. I dont think the issue is commercial or personal use i think it has more to do with the eventual disposal must be in the US. Most second and third world countries ive been in ( and its been a bunch) genererators were pretty common on the local economy. Your going to want to get something everyone else has anyway because the replacement parts for a mil-spec generator are going to be difficult to place overseas.

Most places are 220v anyway outside of the US and canada

saddamsnightmare

December 13th, 2010.

:ditto: What he said! I would get a really good Deutz air cooled diesel unit with a Marathon Generator set built, as the parts are very available around the world and the unit's are super-reliable in every climate.:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks