• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extend the M1102 Trailer tongue?

bigstack

I was looking to extend the tongue of the trailer by a few feet.
is there a reason that this should not be done?(aka safety concerns)
seems like I could have someone extend it by welding in a peice. (obviously also extend chains and wiring)

The reason that I want this is that I have acquired a kayak and want to place it on one side of the trailer, to make room for other items. it is 14 feet long and unless it is in the center i fear it will hit the bed of truck on tight turns.

This is a trailer that i take on camping/fishing trips.
Towed behind a Chevy 2500hd 4x4 with diesel engine.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not only will it look very "Different", that much length added will put a LOT of stress into a very small piece of tube/square steel.
No clue how it would tow.

I would recommend placing it on the top of trailer or a bed rack on the truck.

Search internet pictures.
Some really ingenious setups can be found.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I speculate that it could be done without undue stress to the lengthened tongue. This isn't like trying to raise or lower...

However, I'd bet you could get the same result cheaper and better by just going to an M105A2, which is already longer...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks