• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extended brake lines

japickar

I read in another thread where Westech stated that brake lines off of a '94 Chevy 2500 2wd were a direct replcement for the lines on the 1008 but were 4" longer. Since my truck is soon to be lifted I figured I would go ahead and get them. I was looking at buying these but there are two versions. There is 7400 gvwr lines and 8600 gvwr lines. Which ones do I need?

OL AG '89

What is GVWR of your 1008?
that would be your answer....
Also 4wheel parts has areplacement line, non vehicle specific that fits the 1009, so I would assume they have something to fit the 1008. check them out for pricing, fitment, technical advice

where in East Texas?

japickar

GVWR is more than likely alot more than any 3/4 ton.....

I wanted to get these brake lines as they are less then $20 each where the ones the offroad outlets sell go for about $100 or more.

I am between Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend lakes close to the TX/LA state line.

japickar

Ok I figured out which ones will work. The brake lines off of a '94 C2500 2wd light duty (7200 gvwr) are the same as the stock '85 K30 lines but are about 6" longer (stock is 15.625", these are 21.5"). The ones for the '94 C2500 8600 gvwr are only about 2" longer so they really wouldn't help with a lift, but they will fit.

I am going to buy these for my truck and see how they work. At $18 each I think they will make a cheap alternative to buying $100+ brake lines from the offroad shops.

japickar

Just to update - I tried the '94 Chevy brake hoses. They are long enough for the 6" lift, but the short hard line that goes into the banjo fitting looks pretty vulnerable to trail debris as it kind of sticks out. I am also having an issue getting the passenger side hose to seal at the fitting that attaches to the steel line.

With that said, I ordered the ORD extended brake lines tonight. I hated to spend that much money on brake lines, but $112 for Kevlar lined stainless lines for the front and rear was about the best deal I found.

I guess I should have listened and bought these in the first place, but I guess I will know better in the future. Let this be a lesson to those that are considering going cheap on extended lines for their truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to see the new lines when you get them, please.

TCUCV

I see everyone getting extended brake lines, but no one every talks about their emergency brake line. What has everyone done to fix this problem? Take it off? Thanks,

TCUCV

Mine works fine, but when I use it . . . it's stretched to the max. Almost as if it will break at any time, I might just be paranoid but to me there should be something done to fix it. I know if I had a 6" lift there would be no way of using it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks