• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extended Cab 4 door.

4x4e350

The pics of the back look great. One little piece of advice, though. You may want to mount that milk crate to the floor. Could get a little rough back there for your passengers! :wink: Great work!

OK, I took your advice, I made a frame for the rear seat.:-D

I also made a frame for above the cab, I want to be able to hook the top up to a pulley system, and lift it off, so I figured a frame system would be needed to support the weight. I also used 4 bow tie downs for a boat, they have #6000 weight capacity, so they should be able to hold the weight. The frame also helped straighten all the metal a little better.:smile:

Then I started making a new front grill, the old tubular one was pretty beat up and rusted. Plus I wanted a little more protection for the fenders. I'm not sure I like the look yet, but I can always modify it if I need to.:?:

Attachments

jamesfrom180

your rear window solutions reminded me of older train passenger windows. Used the same idea but had a brass barb and used a leather belt so you could have multiple positions for the height of your window. I've seen the circle and US tooled belts around, that would dress up the cab a bit. Alittle Calvary brown leather and brass would look good with those seats.

Not sure I like the cant to the grill? I'm thinking the flat looks better. I like the build so far. Definitely need to keep the option of going topless.

Last edited:

4x4e350

your rear window solutions reminded me of older train passenger windows. Used the same idea but had a brass barb and used a leather belt so you could have multiple positions for the height of your window. I've seen the circle and US tooled belts around, that would dress up the cab a bit. Alittle Calvary brown leather and brass would look good with those seats.

Not sure I like the cant to the grill? I'm thinking the flat looks better. I like the build so far. Definitely need to keep the option of going topless.
I actually found a green tie down strap from TSC, the kind that is adjustable at any length I'm going to use for the rear windows. I plan on finding some green canvas, to cover the rear seat with.
I agree with you about the grill, I'm not sure I like it either:neutral:, maybe it'l grow on me?

Looks great so far Brad, I'm letting you get all practiced up so you can do mine. I'll have to stop over and put a eyeball on it soon. Joe
Thanks Joe. Your truck is too nice to cut up, I'm not sure I could force myself to take a cutoff saw to it;). Your welcome over anytime on the weekends, I'm usually always locked in my Pole barn.:lol:

O.D. Fever

Brad I have a few hundred new half tents in the factory boxes, they make great seat covers or cot canvas. stop over and I'll give you what you need for seat covers. Joe

4x4e350

Looks awesome!! What is that behind the 5th wheel? Looks cool as well.:drool:
To make a long story short, it started out as a Dune Buggy I bought for $300, which originally came with a VW motor. I ended up going through a divorce, and had no money to rebuild the VW stuff. So I used a bunch of left over parts I had from previous projects, it is now a Turbocharged propane powered Ford 300 straight six, with 1 ton drive train. Really just a bunch of left over parts put together, from what I had, and could get cheap off craigslist. I tried to make it with a military theme.

Attachments

FatBuddhaBoo

Definitely one of a kind...great job!

Can you post some pics showing how much leg room there is in the back section? I'm assuming it's a little less than a full crew cab conversion, however, I'm thinking if the vent section was not there and you left the full doors on it it would be about the same (as that's what I'm considering doing).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks