• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extension to speedo cable?

Trango

I've successfully moved my transfer case back a few feet to accomodate a new drivetrain, and I am in the hunt for an accurate speed reading.

The end of the speedo cable is perhaps 2 feet away from the mating connection on the transfer case.

Any thoughts on how I can make this connection? Some thoughts I had:
- Is there a longer cable available on perhaps a 5 ton or another MV? What about the tach cable - is that made from the same stuff?
- Is it possible to find some sort of intermediate connection?
- Finally, is there civvy interchange, so I could just buy the length I need?

Thanks for any and all ideas.

Best,
Bob

Stalwart

I'm pretty sure if you do a search on the internet you can get a new one made without too much trouble. You'd probably need to send your old one in, so they could make sure the ends are correct.

Unforgiven

I think some of the 5 Tons fit. They should be about a foot longer. Call up an MV supplier/salvage and they should be able to tell you. Otherwise, order a custom cable on the internet.