• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra Alt

Ugg013

Hey:

I KNOW this was discussed before, but I did a search and can't find it. About adding an extra 12 volt alt to run toys. Can someone with a better memory post a link? :oops:

TIA
Ugg 8)

Ugg013

To be more specific, there was a post a while back to where a 12 volt alt was added to run the toys, and have a 3 battery set up. The 2 needed for 24v, and the 3rd for the 12v. There were even pictures posted and diagrams. I started looking (search) for the one from Devilman96, but couldn't get where it was. aua An actual link would be cool. Again,

TIA
Ugg 8)

devilman96

The dual voltage will be much easier to deal with unless your in need of the amperage like I was I would go that route.

If you need any help just PM me, it would be MUCH easier to mount the 12V on the passenger side of the truck but my AC had to go there. Just get a dual pulley and tie it in with longer belts. Batteries were 9934/78 orbital gels from Napa, and ya prolly don't need a 200 amp alt unless your doing something nutty with a sound system or inverter.

Ugg013

devilman96:

Thanks! [thumbzup] When ya say dual voltage, are ya meaning dual alt or the Hummer set up? :? At this point in time, the Frog is on the sale blocks, but ya never know. It's NOT something we want to do. We'll keep it if I can pull another rabbit outa my butt (I just don't feel anymore up there), that will be another stay of execution. :( Still, the dual alt set up was in the plans, and I was following it until the GREAT COMPUTER CRASH, and then was having a hard time getting back here until just recently, and couldn't find it. aua :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks