• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra fuel tank install

Ride2Kill

2 CHECK VALVES, A T-FITTING, AND A SWITCH!
A double pull, double throw switch that changes the guage input and also switches power to the other pump.
Fuel only flows to the filters and not into the other tank becase there is a check valve stopping it, and vice versa.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
2 CHECK VALVES, A T-FITTING, AND A SWITCH!
A double pull, double throw switch that changes the guage input and also switches power to the other pump.
Fuel only flows to the filters and not into the other tank becase there is a check valve stopping it, and vice versa.
The only problem with this is the return, the return stills goes to the original tank, you could have a solenoid controlled valve that is also controlled by the L/R change switch that will direct the return. this could be mounted right at the fuel line T, a very clean and KISS install.

Ride2Kill

The only problem with this is the return, the return stills goes to the original tank, you could have a solenoid controlled valve that is also controlled by the L/R change switch that will direct the return. this could be mounted right at the fuel line T, a very clean and KISS install.
Good point! I didn't think of the return line.

joshs1ofakindxj

Can you explain what the problem is with the return line only going to one tank?

What is wrong with that OR why couldn't it be plumbed with a "T" to both tanks?

I have a complete tank to install on the driver side and I was planning on using check valves and double throw switches to make it all happen.

art1

I am Installing a spare fuel tank m35a2.
Can I gravity feed from one tank to another ? Without pumping ?

Thanks for help

art1

deuceman51

We installed an external fuel pump to transfer the fuel from the "pony" tank into the main tank for a customer. Then it was controlled by 2 float switches. One in the main tank to turn shutoff the pump when it was full and the second to turn off the pump when the "pony" tank was dry. Customer could just turn on the main switch and transfer fuel manually, or let the float switches run automatically. This prevented overfilling the main tank and also from running the pump when the other tank was dry. Works like a dream, but did cost some money.

Kasper31

I installed an extra tank on the drivers side and ran two lines between the tanks. One line is the fuel line that uses a transfer
fuel pump from second tank to the main tank. The second line in a line to use as a vent line between the two tanks.
When the main tank gets low I turn on the transfer pump and when it gets back up to where I want it I turn it off. One pump,
one wire, one switch, two stainless tubes, 4 fittings, 4 hold down tubing clamps.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed an extra tank on the drivers side and ran two lines between the tanks. One line is the fuel line that uses a transfer
fuel pump from second tank to the main tank. The second line in a line to use as a vent line between the two tanks.
When the main tank gets low I turn on the transfer pump and when it gets back up to where I want it I turn it off. One pump,
one wire, one switch, two stainless tubes, 4 fittings, 4 hold down tubing clamps.
Did you use the standard M35A2 tank? My worry is about the filling cab being under the bed. I have seen models with the filler cap on the road side tank to the drives side door, but I have no idea what the tank is from as the standard M35A2 tank would have the filler cap under the bed if it was mounted road side.

rustystud

Did you use the standard M35A2 tank? My worry is about the filling cab being under the bed. I have seen models with the filler cap on the road side tank to the drives side door, but I have no idea what the tank is from as the standard M35A2 tank would have the filler cap under the bed if it was mounted road side.
Here is how I installed a dual fuel tank. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?146426-Dual-fuel-tank-install . Also this is the wrong forum for this question. You need to go to the Deuce Modification forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks