• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra Storage Space for your M109

6x6guy

I was looking to maxamize the storage on my M109, looking for any nook and crany
to be utilized for future storage of needed supplies, with additional storage of poles, tarps or anything that will fit.
After a lot of thought, a failed attempt and reconstruction - now with a redesigned and viable working structure- I have something that works.
I couldn't locate any thing in past threads anywhere- so here is my latest designed and installed endeavor- :roll:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding!

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My only criticism would be that what are the provisions for keeping out dirt and water?? Are there drain holes in the tray? If it were mine I'd think about a vinyl cover with snaps to keep the drawer protected somewhat. Other than that, great job!!

6x6guy

I had most of the supplies laying about the shop, and made quick trip to Menards for some additional wood. The original concept was to install rolled perforated metal mesh between the body's under rails from the rear to the front, and place the poles and such on top of t he mesh, and place a piece of wood with a attached pole in the structure and pull the pole with its contents spilling out on the floor- well after painting the mesh and trying to bend it into place-
I decided that wasn't practical or functional enough.
Well back at the drawing board I remembered seeing a utility service truck with roll out
storage floor, and hence the concept.
The size width is 27 inches by 10ft 5in to accommodate the 10 ft poles and parts for my protective shelter. It's basically a open structure with a tarp lashed into a frame with several
camouflage nets on top of it for the cooking, dry storage and setup of tents beneath the structure.
Several of us MVers from the area are convoying down to Knob Creek for the fall shoot, and should be a great time as always.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am impressed, I give you 1 rep point and two thumbs up for your ingenuity and perservierance..! [thumbzup] [thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What SUPPORTS the out board end when the drawer when out, the weight can build up quick.

6x6guy

The side boards put pressure on the floor trusses - the picture of the storage drawer pulled out was for demonstration viewing only, with supplies/material install would only be pulled 1/2 out
for access and should be more than sufficient to handle it's content.

ALFA2

Great Idea 6x6guy, and smooth folowthrough, how much weight do you figure would be practical in that drawer in use ?
In any case, looks like it should always have been there in the first place !

Thanks for thinking outside the box.

ALFA2

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking a great place for a slave cable, misc tools, extension cord/light and back up 12-24v siphon pumps with hoses. Great stash spot. Excellent thread..!

ryan77

Looks good! You could make a lid that flips open after you slid it out and seal it with camper tape! Then it will be water tight!!

6x6guy

It's basic design is to hold some poles, tarps and other camping equipment, but in fore thought
if you could use plastic containers or lets say vacuum sealed plastic bags is would work just fine
water and weather proof. There is not a lot of room underneath those trucks frames.
I guess you could make it out of flat stock steel, but the cost and weight wouldn't be cost effective
It's gonna leak and get dirty unless you seal the entire area- or make the entire structure
sealed - that's a lot of work under that truck, I'll take a pass on that, and start working on my next project- :roll:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like also [thumbzup]

Great place for slave cable, tow bar, extension cords, air lines, ladder, tarps, ropes, deuce cover, cheater bar for lug wrench, short-term secure storage for firearms while on the road, farm jack, anything that can fit in .30 cal ammo cans, or just about anything that can stand getting wet or dirty.

Another project waiting in the wings for my time. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks