• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extra storage

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Finally got around to mounting the box. Still need to add straps so I can use it as a diaper changing station and I want to mount a mud flap on the tire side to help protect it. It holds ALOT! 3/8. 1/2, and 3/4 socket set, wrench set, 1" drive pneumatic impact, air bottle jack, air hose, hammer, and a couple loose pieces. I hope the six, 1/4-28 bolts on the side will be enough. The back side has a grade 8, 3/8 bolt up front and a 1/2 bolt in back.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW....can you say "10 pounds of chit in a 5 pound sack?"

Looks good!!!! All of the essentials you'll need:-D

gimpyrobb

All except my brake bleeder. I haven't needed it yet, but still like to keep it with me. I need to see if I can jam it in the tool box under the driver's seat.

gimpyrobb

Mine actually sits on the spare mount in the rear. Vinny, this is so nice, I may have some more made up. Any interest if they are reasonable?

gimpyrobb

Still working on it. I made some other ones for other spots. The repro of this box is on hold till I get out west in the next month or so.

tm america

they dont look right on there take them off and give them to me so you dont have to worry about what to do with the other one :roll: :wink:no i really think it looks good there i would put the one on the other side if you want to you can put an access hole in the bottom of the box to get to the fuel pump and just put a cover on the inside with a couple bolts

gimpyrobb

The fuel tank and its hangers leave little room for a box, it would have to have a height of 6" or less. The second box is going to be used to build more, then I will bolt it under the M109. I will post up if/when production starts.

goldneagle

I bought one of those boxes from a guy on Ebay months ago! I installed it on my M820A2 in place of the Pioneer rack. I paid $121.00 shipped for a brand new one with the mounting hardware. His Ebay ID is kpsurplus .

I am attaching some pictures of the box mounted.

Attachments

GoHot229

From your first pictures Gimpy, I thought it looked like a$$, but the last pictures has it comeing out looking pretty good. Doghead thinks your changing platform's not so good, and mabe he's right, if the chain broke and the latch was left undone.... dragon dammage.... but I tend to like that point as a platform to display the tools sort of spread out while your repairing, well the two front fenders suffice for that too. Overall, outstanding fittment and looks.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anybody could use an m756 pipeline tool box (goes across the bed from side to side), let me know....it isn't free and pick-up only...
I can't make it fit without cutting it down some, so I'll let it go.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

GoHot, have you seen my truck?! It all looks like AZZ! AAAAAHahahahahahahahaha

Thanks though. Once everything gets a good coat of paint, it should look pretty good. Mostly, I just like NOT having those tools in the bed like brfore I installed the box. I'm more of a function over form type O guy.

NO problem JP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks