• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extreme RV from M36a2

tamangel

daddy2

Ok guys I'll try it again, but I must say I did yet another stairs modification. I have to get pics of it, but here are the new levelers with poppy my son and my princess.

stairs with new levelers 001.jpgstairs with new levelers 002.jpgstairs with new levelers 003.jpgstairs with new levelers 004.jpgstairs with new levelers 005.jpgstairs with new levelers 006.jpgstairs with new levelers 007.jpgstairs with new levelers 008.jpgstairs with new levelers 009.jpgstairs with new levelers 010.jpg

Last edited:

daddy2

It's good to know there are still some people interested in the build after over two years. :-D

PS: the stairs now way in at 70 lbs.

Last edited:

daddy2

Thanks Caliber. Here the pics of the stairs minus a little weight. I like the look much more now. Took them to the powder coating shop this am. I have a few day to work on the fence around the yard now. I should get back to the truck next week.

stairs weight saving 001.jpgstairs weight saving 002.jpgstairs weight saving 003.jpg

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job on lightening those steps :beer:
We might have to do something like that on our " heavy as chit" stairs for the She Beast.

daddy2

Lowtec I saved about 5 to 10 lbs on the weight by drilling 3" holes. It doesn't sound like much but I notice the difference.

w3azel

I really like the look of the stair with the wholes cut in. Besides cutting weight it just gives it a more professional look. Are you going to keep the stairs that flat steel? I just wonder how slick they will get with mud or rain. Maybe cut strips and put grated steel inserts?

daddy2

I was going to go with herculiner for the treads. Using grating was an idea I thought of bu I was afraid the dogs might get a nail caught in them.

daddy2

Finally got back to the camper. The tek foil is complete. All Seams are taped and things are in tight. I will start puting the pannels back in tomorrow.

tek foil insulation 001.jpgtek foil insulation 003.jpgtek foil insulation 006.jpgtek foil insulation 007.jpgtek foil insulation 008.jpgtek foil insulation 010.jpgtek foil insulation 009.jpgtek foil insulation 004.jpgtek foil insulation 005.jpgtek foil insulation 002.jpg

daddy2

I got all the side wall panneling back up. Believe it or not the tek foil thickness caused me to have to do a bit more trimming on the pannels. good think I had the floor coated with the raptor liner because I have about a gallon of sweat dripping off of me today. The powder coating is will be finished by tuesday. I'll have my airconditioner brackets back. They will be the second thing to go in. The first is the steps. The little ladder almost caused me another delay do to injuries.

The plan is to get the ceiling panneling done this week and then off for a test drive.

Ps: thanks ellisk1989

daddy2

Thanks 4x4 The sharing is the fun part. Thought I would show some new pics. I tool some time off the build, a week or two ago, to unwind with the family. I do have some new pics of the build, but the fun stuff first.

break from the build 004.jpgbreak from the build 005.jpgbreak from the build 006.jpgbreak from the build 008.jpgbreak from the build 010.jpgbreak from the build 003.jpg

daddy2

All the powder coating things came back on Tuesday. I put the stairs in first, then the airconditioner. Outside temp was mid 90"s. Inside temp was mid 70's. All the panneling was put back in. I had to take the airconditioner back out this morning because I started sanding the panneling. I hope to finish the sanding tomorrow, but temps are gong to 100 +.

Air stairs and powdercoating 001.jpgAir stairs and powdercoating 002.jpgAir stairs and powdercoating 004.jpg
Air stairs and powdercoating 003.jpgAir stairs and powdercoating 010.jpg

daddy2

Just looked at peashooters build. He did a great job. Mine will be a bit rougher inside. Good enouph for me:D. Finsished the sanding today. It was at 104 heat index with no ac. I took it out so it didn't get pluged up with saw dust. I need to put a stain or sealant on the inside panneling. I want to keep it a very light color but I still need to keep it protected from dirty hands. If any sugestions let me know.