• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extreme Trucking

98taco3

Bear and a doe. We saw a bunch of Elk but not in a place where we could get a good shot on them. In the dark timber with just thier buts showing for a split second. It was just too hot and dry. The woods sounded like we were walking on rice crispies. When it was cold and windy the days before the season they were moving around a lot but not after opening day.
Great to hear you guys got something! We ran into the same thing with the dryness, couldnt walk anywhere without making a ton of racket. maybe next year will be better.

jollyroger

Great to hear you guys got something! We ran into the same thing with the dryness, couldnt walk anywhere without making a ton of racket. maybe next year will be better.
There is always next year.......If our area does not become wilderness by then. But I digress.

On opening weekend we called a bunch of bulls close to us but they just did not want to roll out of the dark timber. The good part was we scouted a ton of new territory that was close to camp and found spots where they water and wallow not more than 150 yards from the road. I know they just sit in all the beetle kill blowdown and watch us drive by.

Kevin C

That Deuce looks like it's loaded down!

I wonder if you can move with them things. Think they'd fit a bed, a couch, a couple small tables, a couple small TV's, and a few dozen small plastic tubs that measure around 20" x 20" by 25"? This might be even more of an excuse to buy a Deuce! We may be moving up north in early 2012, basically a year and a half from now. Paying 2 or 2 and a half grand for the moving truck might be better than just renting one for a few days, and forking over 600 dollars for that.

I've been planning on buying one just for the cool factor, but this just turned a lightbulb on that's over top of my head. I believe if I fabcricated some heavy duty siderails out of rectangular steel tubing, I could come close to matching the abilities of a 17 foot U-haul truck, since they actually only provide about 14' of length, about 7 feet wide, and you can stack a little over 6' high.

I'm glad I checked this out. Very cool pictures! It got my brain going! LOL.

jollyroger

That Deuce looks like it's loaded down!

I wonder if you can move with them things. Think they'd fit a bed, a couch, a couple small tables, a couple small TV's, and a few dozen small plastic tubs that measure around 20" x 20" by 25"? This might be even more of an excuse to buy a Deuce! We may be moving up north in early 2012, basically a year and a half from now. Paying 2 or 2 and a half grand for the moving truck might be better than just renting one for a few days, and forking over 600 dollars for that.

I've been planning on buying one just for the cool factor, but this just turned a lightbulb on that's over top of my head. I believe if I fabcricated some heavy duty siderails out of rectangular steel tubing, I could come close to matching the abilities of a 17 foot U-haul truck, since they actually only provide about 14' of length, about 7 feet wide, and you can stack a little over 6' high.

I'm glad I checked this out. Very cool pictures! It got my brain going! LOL.
The bed on the deuce is 12X8 and with the top bows and cover you get about 5 feet inside. You can always extend the staves for the top bows to whatever height you want. It's just that the cargo cover won't fit on the sides and end curtains if you go too tall. But I would make sure to get the deuce to move with even if the U-Haul is bigger........Just have a better yard sale before you leave.[thumbzup]

jollyroger

Yes it does save a lot of trips. That's why we started doing it this way.

Used to be it was 2 four wheelers loaded for bear with trailers and a Jeep CJ-7.5 loaded top to bottom front to back no passenger seat and a hitch cargo box. Then we went to The CJ-7.5, My Wagoneer, 2 four wheelers loaded for bear with trailers.

We kept blowing the tires off of the trailers and on the four wheelers. They just are not made to hold up to the rocky environment we have in our mountains.

I was gonna start to bring everything in my M-37 and M-101 trailer but I found the deuce.

The deuce has allowed us to expand our camp a little. And the ATV's and UTV's are not coming in totally loaded down. It has made for fewer problems hauling in and out. So then we get to worry more about hunting rather than who's going 14 miles back down to town to get a tire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks