• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extremely interesting new fuel source

alphadeltaromeo

Personally I like to think positive and how to actually accomplish positive things such as this. No, it's not totally new, but I was surely unaware of the technology. I find it quite intriguing and stimulating. Are there challenges with extracting the oil, etc. ... of course, but so what? These are the challenges that stretch us as humans and that excites me. We all get excited when we see a solution to a problem on SS or even when someone comes up with a new product for our trucks, such as the spin-ons or other systems others have made.

Think positive...we can do most anything.

Andy

tiger422

This and all others will not happen until we clean house at the top of our Gov.
Why would they let it happen when they are making so much money? Nothing will change untill we are all to poor to buy gas.

johnnypayphone

Why the assumption that anything green has got to be a liberal initiative? That's the problem with energy independence and protection of OUR environment. It's politicized and it shouldn't be.
I agree that "green" (whatever that means) has become politicized. The companies that are making choices for efficiency (nevermind any environmental impact improvement) are doing it for green, allright- cash money. If Krispy Kreme starts running their delivery fleet off the grease they're paying to dispose of, they're going to save thousands over Dunkin Donuts. Most things come down to the cost of the changeover- sure, oil companies want you to buy oil, but they also want you to buy your "green" energy from them. That's no conspiracy, that's business. And I don't see anything wrong with making business decisions that reduce waste and pollution and are profitable.

There are companies in California that will install solar panels on your roof, for free, in exchange for all the surplus energy you ever produce, ever. Wow, how green. Think about that deal- sure, you don't have the ten grand startup cost, but they're gonna get it back.

So algae, corn gas, electric cars (where does the electricity come from?), biodiesel, gasification, solar panels, wind power... systems will settle into whatever works for them. If government subsidies alter the market then that will change what works. I think what we're seeing is an overall decentralization of the control over power, and certain things are becoming much more available to the individual. I think that's a good thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks