• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

eyecon 360 lights

JH Cosca

Thanks BLK,

The VIB box is the breaker box and apparently has a buss inside that needs to be energized through some sort of modification. I am installing both search lights and 2 light bars. I know i need to energize the system just not sure how to do that? I do have the power plug hooked up and to the breaker box at 24 volts into the box. I do have the the instruction manual just need to know how to make the proper modifications since its going into a humvee!!

BLK HMMWV

Wow . Did you try hooking it up right out of the box and it didn't work?
I have same system . never heard there was a problem with them .
Shouldn't matter what vehicle it is mounted into .
The only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of interconnect wire that must need to be triggered by the trucks light switch. sort of a safety thing so you can't accidentally turn on lights in blackout mode or something.
I haven't gotten around to hooking up my system yet. Mounted the buss in radio tray that's about it .

BH

CGFFEMT

Thanks BLK,

The VIB box is the breaker box and apparently has a buss inside that needs to be energized through some sort of modification. I am installing both search lights and 2 light bars. I know i need to energize the system just not sure how to do that? I do have the power plug hooked up and to the breaker box at 24 volts into the box. I do have the the instruction manual just need to know how to make the proper modifications since its going into a humvee!!
If you have the full kit, you're looking for a cable labeled "BO-VIB" (the smallest of the cables that plugs into the VIB). Cut the end that does NOT plug into the VIB, and connect the red wire to +24VDC. Once that has power, along with the other cables, you should have full function of the lights in both white and IR modes as controlled by the control box. Sorry I can't get you a picture, not sure where my camera is.

BLK HMMWV

Thanks
I figured it was something like that.
I saw something about tying the wiring into the MRAP light switch wiring so I figured it must be related.
BH

Starrow

I wired this up for a guy i work with. I jumped the solenoid in the VIB and it worked great. Shortened up the wiring took the extra out so it wasn't hanging all over the place. Fired it back up, worked well till I switched off the IR and went to white light. Now the entire system is dead. We have 24 volts coming in, and 12 everywhere else but the system is absolutely dead. The only thing i can think of is maybe the solenoid in the VIB shorted out and is only letting 12 go by. If anyone has a wiring diagram or schematics of how this all works I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
In order to power up the solenoid I used a 15 amp switch as a master disconnect on the dash. On the VIC harness cut the harness right before it branches to all the white connectors. There are 3 wires. Orange. Light pink. Dark pink. Light pink is the solenoid power up wire.

ysrjunkie

I just got that kit working on a slantback M1125. It turns out the pink wire in the VIB harness energizes the solenoid inside the box. I routed it to a 24V switch. I don't know what the other two wires are that go to the box are for.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just got that kit working on a slantback M1125. It turns out the pink wire in the VIB harness energizes the solenoid inside the box. I routed it to a 24V switch. I don't know what the other two wires are that go to the box are for.
They are for the black out override the mrap has over using the switch on the control unit

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks