• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

F-16 for auction

Flyingvan911

$3,800 is alot lower than I thought it would go for. Here's a use. Sneak the stuff out to a friend's field and spread it around then drive away and wait for him to find it. That would create alot of confusion. Or dump it back at the original crash site. rofl

bearboley

They have ways of watching you I picked up 4 F14 wings on a flatbed semi few years ago that where complete but apart that went from Columbus Ohio to a Scrap yard in Toledo Ohio and the same nondescript car followed me the entire trip. I stopped a few times and low and behold same car few spaces back. I guess they wanted to "witness mutilation"

Augdog1964

F14 wings

Why would F14 wings be so valuable from a scrap perspective? Are they an exotic material? Just wondering why they would want to be scrapped and be valuable to take a flatbed with them.

chupa

Actually, I think F-14 wings had gold, platinum, and titanium in the structure. I'll confirm later. My co-worker used to play on them in the Navy.

chupa

Iran uses F-14's. I'm sure any residual F-14 parts must be mutilated so nothing gets smuggled into that country to keep their obsolete planes flying.