• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

F134 Engine

lmgoldstein

I have a question or two. I bought this engine with the model/serial numbers on it 806279-W-13. How do I rebuild this thing? I've never rebuilt an engine before and a few steps/pointers would be really helpful. This is my second jeep but first engine. The one that's in there now doesn't belong. Thanks

Sorry about the pictures. Can't figure this thing out.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebuilding an engine is pretty simple. First you need to POSITIVELY ID the engine, I would look over the engine block and write down any numbers found on it, then I would do this with all the main components, carb, intake etc. Once you have researched what you have found then you need to procure a rebuild kit, this kit will include (usually) Valves, valve springs, pistons and rings all the seals and sometimes the parts to rebuild the oil pump. I would do some research on this engine prior to stripping it down and look for some tell tale designs to insure all is as it should be, this could even be piston types, are they flat tops, domed or partial domes, your going to need to know what the camshaft dimensions are, and there should be a number that you can use on the cam shaft. I would then buy a book on THIS motor that details the tear down and reassembly procedure, its not hard but there are a few CRITICAL components in the reassembly of any motor that are as stated CRITICAL that you get them correct. Things like cam timing are going to be a challenge for you, its not to hard but you have to learn it before you do it because it needs to be done correctly. If this is truly your first rebuild do you have an experienced friend who would help you with your first one? Another alternative is when you get the engine out of the vehicle take the entire engine to the people doing the machine work on the block, and have them tear it down and rebuild it for you, Pick wisely who you choose for something like this and they should be willing to give you a warranty of at least a couple months on their work! I dont mean to make it sound difficult but it was so long ago that I rebuilt my first engine I was trying to think of the possible down falls you could possibly run into with this being your first. No matter how your doing the job your going to learn a LOT about the engine and your vehicle. Good luck!
KK

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second what Karl said . IMHO , learning a engine rebuild on the fly is NOT the way to go . Part of the process is checking over the old parts for wear , gives you information for the rebuild . Do you have the tools ? I could go on and on , point is your best bet is take the engine to a GOOD machine shop. good luck ! BK:tank: