• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

factory hardtop or not

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never seen a factory hard top for a deuce with a hole for the gunner... Show me a NSN, part #, some where in the TM, something in EIR Digest, PS Mag, or some other offical publication. Wouldnt it make sense that hardtops with holes would be as common as ring mount kits? Uncle designed the ringmounts to be used with the rag tops.

Bill W

I doubt factory, I don't think the deuces were ever factory delivered with ring mounts they were field installed by the assigned units just like I'm sure these manholes were. I'm sure you'll find a NSN for the install kit being this is definitly not a cut down 55gal drum

citizensoldier

I dont know if its factory or done afterwards but there was about 10 trucks that sold in MN about 4 months ago that all had this same set up. So such a thing does exist in military use.. Maybe a NG change order?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is a locally done thing. Any MWO type changes to the hard top would have to get a saftey release message from TACOM.