• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Failed recovery from drum, truck dead in rochester

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke with Whyme today. He is planning to pickup a used line from Mark and replace it tomorrow. After a bit of conversation he mentioned this is the second line he has had break on the truck. I asked if it had the line separator/isolation dampeners and he said no. I would summarize that that is the cause of this and the last line failure. Just something for everyone to consider.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a freezing, snowy night on I-81 in the Virginia mountains, I had the #4 line break on my 2004 dodge diesel. I plugged it on the common rail with the tip of one of my wife's crocheting needles, and drove the last 150 miles to my folks place on 5 cylinders. I could tell but it wasn't that bad, still got decent mileage too. My dad has the same truck, so I stole his line so I could drive home Sunday, and he bought another one on Monday for his truck.

It broke because the dampner was loose, letting the line vibrate till it sheared off at the injector end.

Atwater

i don't have a big enough truck to tow a deuce but i do have a medium tow-bar if you need to tow it back and can find someone else with a sufficient truck:beer:

whyme

i appreciate all the suggestions and help from the various members and nonmembers alike. im happy to say that i was able to get a used replacement and install it this morning. the tip home was uneventful.

ill get a few pics up when i get home from work and few misc running around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks