• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fair asking price for a deuce

chemicaljohn

Guys,

I may be selling my Deuce and looking for what some of you think would be a fair price. Here's what I have.... 1973 AM General M35A2C whistler, it's not originally a winch truck but I put one on which has new seals in it. The PTO is off because it needs new seals. It's 686 Tan ( I repainted the winch and attaching parts to match), 23000 miles, very MINIMAL rust. Hard top w/heater, vinyl tarp (tan) with bows. Never had to add fluids. I have an extra turbo (non-whistler) and all parts removed for the winch install. Everything works aside from a couple blackout lights that are burnt out. It's really in excellent condition.
Also have a M66 ring mount that spins with legs, .50 cradle and basket, and cab reinforcement plate that I may sell separate if it comes to this.

Thanks

gunboy1656

I would be very interested in the M66, don't need the plate but there was someone on here looking for one.

And back in Sept, I bought my truck for 4,000. It is a 1972 Am General W/W, heater, only thing you listed that mine did not have is the cargo cover.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends, auction will usually net you at least 1000 less than a dealer will sell one for. If the paint looks really good, good tires, and some nice pics, I've seen them sell for 4000+. Deuces are really worth more when it comes to what you get, so selling local sometimes works out best. A local on an impluse buy will pay 6000 for a nice truck, compared to a pickup, it's a steal.

Dennis

KsM715

Pull off that ring and sell it seperate, it will bring more just by it self than you would get with it on the truck, IMO. If I had the money right now Id buy that ring from you but I dont so I cant.

Unforgiven

Depends on what area of the country. Back east & down south they sell cheap. On the west coast you would think they were Rolls Royce. Out here the A2's are easily twice as expensive as anywhere else, even for rust buckets. That's why I drove 600 miles to pick one up.

I would surf ebay & other sites to see what similar vehicles in your region are going for.

jollyroger

When I got mine I traded a boat for it. I had $3500 in the boat. It is not the greatest truck as far as sheet metal goes. Driver fender is bent and has been "repaired" before. Several times. Bumper is bent accordingly. Front of hood repaired, several times as well. Dropside bed. Came with new vinyl CARC top and vinyl CARC cargo cover. Cab heater. No winch. Decent tires. The guy had ONE advertised on e-bay for $1995. It was pretty rough on the sheet metal and did not have my accesories. Prices are different depending on where you are. I would say a very fair price for it with all the accesories you have would be $5000-7000. IMO.

Wintermute

Well, I've seen the prices they've sold for previously, and the $4500-$5500 range is about right for what they were selling for. On the other hand, people aren't buying a whole lot right now and I've seen deuces sitting for sale for 3-4 months now that are in really good shape (straight, no rust, restored, running, stopping, titled, etc...). Talking to some of those folks, they're just strapped for cash and are dropping their prices down to the $3000-$3500 range just to be able to make their house payment. I know it's unfortunate, but I'd contemplate the current economic environment. If you find a buyer for the truck at $5000 then go for it, but if you can't and you don't need to sell the truck, hold off and wait until the economy picks back up again and see if you can get a better price for it then.

--Wintermute

jdmcgowen

Well there is always someone looking to trade for one. I traded a 2007 Kawasaki klx250 enduro for mine. Bike only had 500 miles on it. I know I threw a lot of money away according to some.... but Hey I totally like this new hobby. My truck is a 1966 Jeep m35a2. NO WINCH NO HEAT, did come with hard top and rotten canvas cargo cover. Oh yeah and rusty flaky paint job. It's all OD green now and looks great.

Last edited:

chemicaljohn

Just so you all know, the turret hasn't been installed, and will be sold separate w/ accessories. All the metal on this truck is straight, tires only have 3000 miles (they still had the hairs when I bought it). I repaired the fenders, but you cant tell unless looking from underneath. If anyone is interested, email me at chemicaljohn2003@yahoo.com , I can get some pics taken before christmas. I just may need to move in the next few months, and depending on the situation, the Deuce may have to find another home.
Here are a few pics from when I bought it, before the winch was installed.

Thanks for all the info so far

Attachments

cten

Gee, is there really a fair asking price on a duece. I think we can agree on a price for one that is not running or in tough shape that needs some restoring.

But for a good usable truck that has very little if no issue at all and is a young truck with all the amenities. Beauty has a tendancy to be in the eyes of the beholder.

If I found a truck or something I wanted that was in better than normal shape and sweet looking. I'd go the extra bucks especially if I knew the truck was better than what I have seen through the years.

Let face it. Everyone takes care of a piece of equipment differently. Some people have those neighbors who's garages look like crap, but know where verything is. Some have a tendancy to have everything hung on the walls and stenciled to know where it goes when they are done using it.

I know when I have something and it is not working or broke. I will ususually rip everything appart and overkill the repair. But that is me.

I'd spend the extra cash for the simple fact. When every I take my truck some where the cameras come out and you know the song... Tequila makes her close come off. Well for some reason the duece has the same effect..."priceless" Enough said.

Brian Thomas

Found one in the classifieds for 9 grand. It was lacking in the form department, Paint is not attractive. So the price is in the eye of the owner. I dont think you would have any problem selling that truck for a fair to "you" price.

ctmustang

I've been thinking about selling my deuce because past knee surgery and the clutch are not agreeing. I would probably have to start around 5,000. Most of the truck was sandblasted-epoxy primer and then 24087. It has 10 new tires and heat spring ride seat and have been through the truck. I would even do a partial trade for a nice m1009. I've put a lot of time and money into this truck and would be a good deal at 5,000 I think.
C.T.

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It think your hard pressed to get more than $5000 for a M35 at this point in time. There seems to be a lot of them for sale. 20 in the mv section of ebay alone right now

roscoe

Just so you all know, the turret hasn't been installed, and will be sold separate w/ accessories. All the metal on this truck is straight, tires only have 3000 miles (they still had the hairs when I bought it). I repaired the fenders, but you cant tell unless looking from underneath. If anyone is interested, email me at chemicaljohn2003@yahoo.com , I can get some pics taken before christmas. I just may need to move in the next few months, and depending on the situation, the Deuce may have to find another home.
Here are a few pics from when I bought it, before the winch was installed.

Thanks for all the info so far
I think you will get a better than average price in Northern IN.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks