• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fair price for M1008 Troop seats and folding top cover ?

HikerLT

What is the going , fair market price for M1008 CUCV pickup setup-> - complete set of troop seats and all hardware , the 3 top folding rails and new condition cover ? ( Is the cover made from Vinyl or a coated canvas ?)

I've tried searching here , craigs list, ebay....not much luck so far ....Thanks for any advice

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cover is vinyl , the M880 series set up is very simular.
the going price for seats & bows will vary depending on condition
shipping can get pricey to
a cargo cover, you should be able to get for under $150

1-tonmudder

About this time last year I bought two 08's at a local county auction.One still had the troop seat and the canopy bow's.The canvas was missing and the wood was badly rotted so basically all it was,was the frames and bracketry.I got $150 for those parts.

I personally wouldnt even consider anything less than $200.

m38inmaine

First thing I did with my M1008 from VA was drive to the dump and tossed it all on the metal/scrap pile. Except for looks not very practical. Try driving at speed with the tarp on, like having a sail raised. I have another set as well ready for the dump that I just got from FT. Drum, I doubt shipping these would be practical.

HikerLT

Thanks for all the advice and info....I appreciate it.

I also should have been more clear in my original post - the reason I am looking for a fair market value price is that I want to sell the set-up from the M1008 I just bought, to offset some of the parts repair costs I am finding elsewhere on the truck. I just want to make sure what I ask is a fair and reasonable price.

I'll post this in the "for sale " section , in case anyone in the southern New Hampshire area is looking for items such as these.