• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fair price for this 1009...

mangus580

JR, I paid $2900 for mine. My body was in similar condition, but white. I needed to do a total repaint!

Now this seller concerns me slightly, as it should have a Turbo 400 tranny.... If he isnt sure the difference, not sure I can trust his word.

mangus580

JR, it is considered the HO diesel. its the heavy duty emmisions version, and has more HP than a civvy blazer would, as it doesnt have the EGR valve and such.

And Kenny is right, it does look very nice in the pics!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those heavy emissions versions of the 6.2 are referred to as the "J" engines compared to the EGR version Mike pointed out which are "C" engines. All the military trucks will have a J in the 8th position of the VIN. If you're checking civilian trucks you can check that 8th character to deteremine what it came with.

Armada

The intakes alone on the J engines are good for at least 10 extra hp due to no restrictions in flow from the egr. I know a couple guys that swapped their civvy truck intake with the J intake resulting in noticable power and mpg increases.

Warren Lovell

And worth every penny! I thought the truck looked very clean. You can judge a lot about a vehicle by its interior. I would have bought it...but Dilvoy sold me his...and it was very nice too.

Warren

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks