• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fair price on a deuce?

allgonoshow

I am a little bit of a newb when it comes to the duece. There is a 1983 model duece for sale near me and I am wondering if they are asking a fair price. It has 34,000 miles on it. It has the stakes and hoops for the tarp on the back but no tarp. It is a hardtop with a heater. No winch on it. The truck is in good to excellent condition. They are asking $5000 for the truck. This is in western South Dakota if that makes any difference. Does this sound like a fair price. Thanks for any advise.

cten

Well, I had mine up for sale and will be signing it over today for $6,500.00 and it is a 1983 wo/w. It is in excellent shape and would not hesitate taking it for a 200mi round trip.

So without being able to see it myself to judge the comparability of the two trucks.... I would jump on it.

Good luck!

OldGoat

I have a really nice one that I have owned for 2 years, drive anywhere shape, hardtop, heater, tarps, seats, winch, a rebuild, new (stock) tires & a $1500 power steering I just installed, I would take $6000 obo.

midcounty

Well if it is any help, I searched for a few weeks before getting mine and managed to find my best deal local. I got a winch truck, 25k miles, heater, hard top, like new cargo cover with great bows n racks, LDS 465 1A engine(40 plus hp over standard) with the whistler turbo, and a nice M105A1 trailer equipped with good racks and bows. Truck needs some fresh paint, wipers, brake light switch, voltage regulator and one wheel cylinder. I paid 4k for all with a title.

flyxpl

5000 if it had a tarp and Clean with no rust . I would offer $4500 max . It may be worth a little more to you if it is close and you don't have to ship . Right now thier are more deuces for sale than thier are buyers take your time look around chances are it will still be there when you make your decision .

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The further west you go the higher the prices seem to be for deuces.

I have sold nice winch trucks with HT, heater, good tires, tarps and bows for 2800......but that was when I was paying 1000 each for them.

You have to consider supply and demand.....the less there are in your area the more they will sell for.

Bottom line is what is it worth to you?

allgonoshow

You pretty much hit the nail on the head wreckerman. I have not seen many for sale in this area. I will be using this truck for work more than play and am needing one soon. My plan is to use it to haul hay. I just hate spending too much for anything so I always try to do my research before buying, and $5000 is definitely on the high side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks