• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2013 Rausch Creek PA rally - what weekend?

Which weekend would you like for the RC rally?

• October 11-13th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October 18-20th

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • October 25-27th

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Doesn't matter, I'm there!

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's almost July, we have to start planning the Fall 2013 Rausch Creek PA rally for those who want to come out and wheel their MVs over rocks and dirt again! The poll questions give three options for weekends. Mid-to-late October has always worked out well for us. Any later and it's too cold for most camping. Any earlier and it interferes with other events going on in the area. This thread is not the "go-to-info" thread for the rally, just to gauge when would be a good weekend for ya'll to have it. We'll do another info thread as we get closer.

Attachments

shenkmen

Everyone, if multiple dates are good please just post your response instead of voting.

Maddawg,

I didn't see the poll on this thread as I've been logging into the site from my Android tablet using Tapatalk.

The poll doesn't work as it stands since multiple dates cannot be chosen. This limitation doesn't provide good results. Not sure if that can be changed.

It doesn't factor in the dates that folks phone, email, text in to me. I used the poll once before for this and figured I no longer would in the future.

Also, I cannot do the 18th - 20th. If the 18th option stays and that was is chosen somebody else will have to take over and organize the event as I cannot make it on that date.

A couple of suggestions...

1) Remove the 18th - 20th option
2) See if the poll can be modified for multiple selections.
3) Remove the poll, I'll keep track of everything as usual. If it cannot be removed we'll close this thread and start a new one.

I'd prefer option #3.

Thanks

Dipstick

I think I will still have weekends off in October. I've never been 4 wheeling in my life and I'd like to try my bobber out on a "bunny slope" sort of trail first. No deep mud, water, or boulders. Call me a wuss. Do they have trails for wusses?

shenkmen

I think I will still have weekends off in October. I've never been 4 wheeling in my life and I'd like to try my bobber out on a "bunny slope" sort of trail first. No deep mud, water, or boulders. Call me a wuss. Do they have trails for wusses?
Yep, you'll be fine.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To be honest, most of the trails that the big trucks can fit on are green trails, so you'll be fine. There are some tighter ones that are green too, but suffice to say that the trails that would cause a beginner problems at RC are too small and narrow to even try fitting down.

Dipstick

Thanks guys! Maybe I can hook up with TurboMustang for the ride out there. He's a Jersey guy too. Green convoy.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll keep this poll up for another week or so, then we'll make the decision what weekend. Looks like the last two weekends are a tie, but the overwhelming number of people don't care when it will be, they are going regardless.

Dipstick

I'm thinking of driving up early Saturday in my M35 bobber. I would be leaving in the early evening as I don't own any camping gear. I've never driven my MV on an interstate before. Kind of wondering what driving at 50mph tops on a highway with much faster vehicles will be like. Turbo what are planning so far?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camp in the ass end of your truck, ask around and maybe some other guys have spare gear you can borrow for the event.

Deuces on the highway are fine, average about 50mph. The engine roars around 2300 rpm the whole way, and you slow down on the hills, depending how steep the hills are. Cars, trucks, go-karts, lawnmowers, old ladies in wheelchairs and bulldozers will be passing you on the interstate, and they just need to deal with it while you enjoy the ride. You can't make your truck go any faster. You can be sure you will never get a speeding ticket in one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks