• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall Camp Dirtbag

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

dc3coyote

OK I think I need to make a trip to Camp Dirtbag, maybe I can extend the Death Valley trip my dad and I have been talking about a little further west.

BLK HMMWV

Was that a "No mine agreement" or a "Glad it's not mine agreement."

I'll pencil it in and see what happens .

I might not bring out the Quad pod ( HMMWV) this trip because I'm trying to get it ready for the Veterens Day event at Forest Lawn and would hate to break something right before .
I've got more mounts for clean up tools on it now.
That and if all goes as planned I might be in AZ with it in late October trying out the new hardware, I mean mounts.

Remember:
Were there's a Will theres probably another Will.
Thanks both of you for the scheduling and planning.

That and I'm ready for some new Fall 2010 Dirt Bag shirts .

hole

For the new folks with GPS, this is our campsite location. For those who dont, I'm trying to find a map to copy and paste .

34°40'44.02"N
117° 4'47.85"W

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All kinds of stuff going on in my little world right now so it's impossible to make solid plans but, just might just make this camp out but---- need key for M1008!

EUC finally cleared, appointment set to load out in Barstow on 9/23/10 and really hoping to score a copied key from any SoCal locals. (... thinking... I really don't want to take that steering wheel apart while tow truck driver waits...)

Call me and I'll come to your area, copy key and return; 714-788-3998 anytime.

Otherwise, may still be able to pop in for a day-trip with my 2-wheel drive truck... assuming the road is 2WD-ish?

Cheers

Last edited:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't ask, don't tell. You have to be there to know for sure. Search the CUCV forum, there are HUNDREDS of posts on key codes, just go get one made. Hey hole, I might have a REAL bbq this trip!

hole

Propane or charcoal? As far as wood goes, I have a pretty good stock, it's mostly 2x2 & 2x4 scraps though. Havent had any big jobs with beam scraps this summer.

Dave Kay, the road into camp is 2wd rated. Your more than welcome no matter what you drive out in.

BLK HMMWV

So much for our entertainment.
Just kidding!!

Will , did you started thinking of a fall logo yet ?

Desert tortoise packin a mini gun smokin a Cigar
Or that blasted desert turkey from the Fall 2009 logo again with a few upgrades.
I'm just pokin you with a stick now so you don't end up waiting till the last minute and have to front all the money for us like you always do.

I'll start no pressure:

Put me down for 3 larges and 3 xxl's .

BH / CC

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Propane...like a 5 gal one, not that littleColeman propane thing i've had for years. We could do a turkey...maybe, not just yet. CC, Haven't thought of artwork yet. I usually pull the front off the net and customize. Got something in mind? Send it my way or slam it on a flash drive and when I get your plasma cutter back to ya, i'll bring the laptop and transfer it. Hmm turkey with a cigar...bet I can find one!!

hole

BH/CC Turkey/ Tortoise with cigar is an awesome idea!!

Will, I have a friend whose a graphic artist, I bet for some coldies I could get some artwork! I'll check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks