• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall in Cache, UT

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short trip in the ol' deuce up to Cache Valley, UT for a family get together this last weekend. Was actually my first trip to my Mother's place in the deuce.

My little dog doesn't care for her "Mutt Muffs" but she did keep them on and sleep like she always does on road trips. I got them for her because I figure if *I* needed hearing protection, she did too. I piled my stuff, extra blankets, and her bed in the passenger area for her to ride/sleep on, she gets bucked off that passenger bench otherwise. (I could sure use a better solution than just "pile all the stuff here", but all the stuff and blankets sure smooth out the ride for her).

I joke with folks that I had to get a big truck to make up for my little dog. :)

I took Highway 30 in over Valley View and Sardine Canyon on the way out.

My mother's neighbor's entire family came out to see the truck and I think over the two days we talked for 4 hours about her (the neighbor lady) Father's Air Force and Army service, her Army service, and her son's Army refueling division service. Was a great time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412619346.814232.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412619359.473546.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412619369.508989.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412619378.158334.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412619385.922066.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412619391.892800.jpg

Crestonean

That sounds like a perfect weekend. And in some beautiful country. I'd love to invite one of my collies along for a drive sometime, but they just bark at my truck whenever I start it.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like a perfect weekend. And in some beautiful country. I'd love to invite one of my collies along for a drive sometime, but they just bark at my truck whenever I start it.
Maybe they just want to "herd" it!

Last edited:

Alexsha

Well, they're routing more traffic onto our street than we'd like and a new subdivision is going in just south of us with almost 50 homes and only 1 entrance/exit to the division.That entrance is right on our street. That'll be a LOT of traffic.