• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Family collection

whall4

I'm new here and thought I would share a couple trucks that my father and I have accumulated over the years.

This is my project truck, m35a2
20220213_193212.jpg

These two are my father's trucks. I'm not sure the year and models of either one. I was going to look at the data tags but didn't get a chance. The first one was a "regular" truck. He bought it without the bed because he already had a flatbed dump being built for it.

20220213_192752.jpg
20220213_193025.jpg

The second truck came a couple years later. It had a fifth wheel hitch on the back. We removed the hitch and extended the frame to add a dump bed off of an old truck he had. We have used the trucks for several years hauling fieldstone out of the woods, usually in steep rough terrain. I have definitely had my fair share of tense moments coming down a muddy steep grade. Some places that were even hard to walk up much less drive a loaded truck down.

My dad actually had another 5 ton before these 2, we finally wore it out. I don't recall how many years we used it, but it made a couple hundred ( not an exaggeration) 50+ miles trips hauling anywhere from 16 to 18 tons of rock. The automatic Allison transmission finally gave out.

We kept the truck for parts and it has came in handy multiple times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks