• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan Clutch Air Control Valve

Shotgun

I just replaced my Engine Fan Clutch Air Control Valve with a new one from Erik's (by the way great service again from him), is there a rebuild kit for the old one? I take it, the temp. control piston went out on on it? Don't want to throw it out if it can be rebuilt. Thanks Greg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the web link, that was very helpful. I will give it a try and rebuild it. Shotgun
Or go to a horton style thermal solenoid unit. It threads into the housing the Same but allows for temperature setting adjustments as well as a manual override switch for the fan clutch.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Shotgun

Were do I find one those at? Does the manual over ride mean I could have the fan turn all the time if the thermal solenoid unit went out? Having a spare new would be nice. I had the unit go out while I was 6 wheeling in the boonies and the truck was over heating, (Of course it is middle of summer here in AZ, so no surprise by that) finally got to where the trail was sorta smooth enough to run faster and out of 6 wheel drive. Finally cooled off enough by getting some air flow going into the radiator. Tried putting in the two spare fan bolts that are on top, but the fan just spun one out and the other was backing out. The truck sounded like i was killing cats by the time I turned the engine off. Got out to the pavement and was able to run it at 55 no problem back home. Thanks again for the help, Shotgun

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Were do I find one those at? Does the manual over ride mean I could have the fan turn all the time if the thermal solenoid unit went out? Having a spare new would be nice. I had the unit go out while I was 6 wheeling in the boonies and the truck was over heating, (Of course it is middle of summer here in AZ, so no surprise by that) finally got to where the trail was sorta smooth enough to run faster and out of 6 wheel drive. Finally cooled off enough by getting some air flow going into the radiator. Tried putting in the two spare fan bolts that are on top, but the fan just spun one out and the other was backing out. The truck sounded like i was killing cats by the time I turned the engine off. Got out to the pavement and was able to run it at 55 no problem back home. Thanks again for the help, Shotgun
http://catalog.hortonww.com/catalog/pneu_thermal_switch.asp

Just choose the temp you want. Order thru amazon, ebay or your local truck parts store. The manual override allows full time or off control as well as thermal. I have mine setup so i can keep it turned off on pulling hills and turn it on when needed.

If you have an 8.3l engine you just need a #6 jic to #6 jic so you can hook the two air lines together to bypass the stutterstat. On an NHC250 engine its a #6 to #5 jic. Yes a #5 jic is rare.

Shotgun

Thanks for the link and help. So besides connecting the air lines together, it is only two line 24 volt positive /negative to a switch and then to the battery from what I can tell from the diagrams? Greg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the link and help. So besides connecting the air lines together, it is only two line 24 volt positive /negative to a switch and then to the battery from what I can tell from the diagrams? Greg
Power from battery to a dash mounted switch. Then wire from the solenoid to the switch acc plug then ground the solenoid. Mine is up on the upper hose and mounting bracket.
https://youtu.be/_ufRo6qt1Rg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks