• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan clutch delete?

Mos68x

I have the fan clutch rattle, however I also have an issue with air being applied to the fan clutch at all times (shutterstat problem). I know this is two separate issues and instead of rebuilding the air/belt powered system I’d like to change the fan clutch out for a dummy pulley, and put in electric fans instead. Anyone know how hard it would be to find or make a dummy pulley for this? I’d like to dump as much of the material forward of the belt as I can. I’ve never pulled mine apart so I’m not sure how it’s built.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not remember what hub these have, but yes, it is an option. If the fan clutch you have now uses a Cummins fan hub, easy. Just un bolt the clutch from the hub and install the pulley you can find since it will not matter what size you need due to no fan speed. You will beed to change the belt to shorter or longer though.

Post a pic of the fan arrangement

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks