• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan Clutch hose

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hose from the Cadillac valve fitting to the fitting on the fan cowl needs to be replaced. But I don't see anywhere that specifies any type or size. Does anyone happen to know what type of hose I should get? (I assume it's a fairly standard automotive part I can just go to O'Reilly and they'll have in bulk.)

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
take the one you have in to a hydraulics shop and have them make you one.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's just a hose, no fittings on the end. So I just need to find the right size for the fittings on the Cadillac valve.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other thing, looking through the manual, I don't see anything on bleeding the hose to the fan clutch after it's been replaced. Is anyone aware of a necessary procedure there, or will it happen on it's own?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bleeding isn't really necessary; it's a dead end system, and as the clutch engages and disengages the air should work it's way out over time.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found some references elsewhere that the correct hose is Gates 349950. So I order bulk hose and hopefully I can replace what is there.