• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan kicks in at proper temp but won't kick off.

Sharke3

New at this but I have an issue with the fan kicking in at temperatures but stays on. I have replaced the Thermostat, Temps switch sensor in the water crossover and the TDM. Is there anyway to check the selanoid valve before I spend 200 bucks on a new one? I have tried unplugging it and it shuts off when I plug it back in at cooler Temps. Kinda racking my brain...

Action

Then that is why the fan was still running. The motor is not cooling down like it should. An easy thing to check is between the radiator and oil/trans cooler on top of it. Lots of debris and dirt get stuck in there slowing airflow.

goldneagle

When was the last time you flushed out the cooling system? Also consider adding a coolant bypass filter to the system once you flush it out. I have pictures of the setup in my M923 Mod thread.

Sharke3

All good in between the radiator and trans-cooler. Nothing at all between them. When I got it is drained the system and the glycol was clean green tested good. I never really flushed it just put new coolant back in 50/50 mix.
While the unit was cool I unplugged the selanoid and plugged it back in. Turning the fan on then off agsin.
When I got the unit Ito was blowing power steering hoses. And after tracking it down sometime somewhere reversed two lines on the selinoid valve so it was dead heading at the valve. Could that have something to do with this problem?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks