• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Farmers Field

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driving back from my inspection visit to Mt.Olive in Mississippi I took the following photos of what a farmer had in his back 40ty. The flat head V8 is in a '46 Ford 1 Ton.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would be good to save some of those trucks, but for some reason I feel is the type of guy who "collects" old stuff and never sells it, until he passes away and the family scraps it all.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have his number, but the guy who I talked to wished me luck dealing with him, and that I would need it to do any good, so I think you have him pegged.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW, wish i had the money for that swing boom wrecker bed in pic #1, post #1, put it on a deuce or 5t frame

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Wrecker Set No 7 and the USMC gas deuce (paperclips on the front bumper) would be neat to build back to original.

I think there is still an unimagineable amount of stuff still out in the woods where we can't find it. Yet.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That stuff has not moved in a long time, the cedar growing up through the back of the wrecker is at least 12 years old. I would love to have the #7/ bomb hoist set-up.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gasser M35 (with bed) is an early one, notice the offset wipers. The other without the bed is it a gasser too? It is hard to tell in the pics but it doesn't look to have the shorter gasser grill?????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks