• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fast Axles

timberrrrrr

Yes there are a few companies that come up when you do a google search that claim to have the parts. Unfortunately when you call them they say they don't have them and will have to look into it and call you back. After they do call you back (if you are lucky) they tell you they can't get them (even though they have pricing and everything on their site for the parts)

spankybear

The reason I posted the link to the m810 was the part number for the ring gear seem to be the same as the lmtv ... though it may be a source for cheaper used parts. I want to get the higher ratio gears and looking for options.

scottmandu

The reason I posted the link to the m810 was the part number for the ring gear seem to be the same as the lmtv ... though it may be a source for cheaper used parts. I want to get the higher ratio gears and looking for options.
I spent an hour talking to Meritor tech support and that is the right part number, however he said that the vast majority of those diffs had the 3.70 ring and pinions. I did query him on the ratios less than 3.07.

Aernan

I have found a few sites claiming to have the right and pinion. Lowest I saw was $1700 per diff. So I didn't verify stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

scottmandu

I have found a few sites claiming to have the right and pinion. Lowest I saw was $1700 per diff. So I didn't verify stock.
They likely do not and are just displaying Meritor's part information. Last I talked to Meritor, which was about 4 months ago, the R&P is a good part number with no stock and 3-6 months to have manufactured.

coachgeo

...would think we have enough people needing these to convince the business guys at Meritor to crank some of these out.
lol..... business guys at Meritor work with manufacture numbers of many many thousands.... even 50 may well just be laughable to them.... but one does not know for sure without trying

Aernan

I used to work as a machinest. At first glance the gears look pretty standard. I think the pinion is the most compress to cut. I'll go to some cost estimates.

Anyone know what kind of steel they use? I'm guessing medium carbon or high carbon with additives for long wear with heat treatment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks