• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fast idle temp switch... unplugged from previous owner?

camarossguy2

So I'm in the middle of installing A/c on my m1009 which involved moving the alternator from driver to pass side... and had to pause to take some time to try to understand both what has been done to my wiring harness (by previous owner) and also why?
It has been converted to 12v. Thus the wires that went to the resistors are capped and the alternator wiring has been 'simplified'...understood
It has been converted to manual glow plugs. There's a new relay installed and some of the old wires where used to the glow plugs..understood
It has a spin on filter 'mod" and the fuel heater is unplugged since is not there...understood
There is an electric fuel pump

Now im to the fast idle switch on the rear right side of the block.
Its unplugged and was taped away inside the harness bundle. There is a thick PINK wire that goes to the "cold advance switch connector " and it is tapped with a wire that goes to the fuel pump relay (i think).

The truck runs and drives fine, zero issues, So im half tempted just to leave it. I just wasnt sure if this was a common thing or just a head scratcher?
fastidle.jpg

joshuak

So I'm in the middle of installing A/c on my m1009 which involved moving the alternator from driver to pass side... and had to pause to take some time to try to understand both what has been done to my wiring harness (by previous owner) and also why?
It has been converted to 12v. Thus the wires that went to the resistors are capped and the alternator wiring has been 'simplified'...understood
It has been converted to manual glow plugs. There's a new relay installed and some of the old wires where used to the glow plugs..understood
It has a spin on filter 'mod" and the fuel heater is unplugged since is not there...understood
There is an electric fuel pump

Now im to the fast idle switch on the rear right side of the block.
Its unplugged and was taped away inside the harness bundle. There is a thick PINK wire that goes to the "cold advance switch connector " and it is tapped with a wire that goes to the fuel pump relay (i think).

The truck runs and drives fine, zero issues, So im half tempted just to leave it. I just wasnt sure if this was a common thing or just a head scratcher?
View attachment 798923

A truck that runs and drives fine is a good start. So you're truck, you're choice and maybe in FL it doesn't get cold enough for you to need those functions. My truck is happier when they work, I'd fix it. Only my 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks