• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Faster than the SF-97?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So ITS.com says for $200., (deuces) and 1 weeks time they can give me all of my title/registration information needed to title my truck in IL. I would gladly pay the money to be able to drive my truck before Christmas, but I am wondering is this really going to work? Will I have to get an inspection going this route and if so what do they cost? I think my truck would pass easily. Is the registration stuff that ITS gives me the same as the SF-97 stuff that I have been waiting on for months?
Can anyone shed some light on this please?

AC

vtach, I used ITS. I took it to DMV and obtained F plates (up to 16,000) and paid $400.00 to register it till June 2009. I registered it as a commerical truck to avoid all the restrictions. I obtained commerical insurance through progressive $900.00/yr. I'm adding backup lights and then I'll take it in for an inspection. I'm going to upgrade to H plates at a later time. I'm still waiting on the SF-97.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AC,
I am just going to get an antique plate as I am not really driving it that much, I think??? Did you get any grief from the DMV with what ITS sent you?

AC

No, they didn't give me any grief. I was respectful and acted like I didn't know much about the process, which wasn't too far from the truth. The lady had to call Springfield to confirm it was OK. A friend of mine who rebuilds old mustangs, also recommended this route.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks