• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Faulty Fuel Solenoid??

cucvrus

Yes when the engine shut off the pressure was forward of the clog. And at that point the obstruction if there is one would be released and re-settle somewhere else in the fuel tank. It may never happen again. But until eliminated it is a possible cause. Not saying 100% but still part of the elimination process. Good Luck. I hope that helps. I had a new Isuzu PUP diesel 4 X 4 pickup that would stop dead and restart after a few minutes. It was new and the dealer was at a loss as to what was causing the issue. I drove a lot of dirt roads and once it shut off and I was pulled straight into a trail just to get off the road. When a helper showed up to tow me home I went under the back end of the truck and noticed that the fuel tank had a big dent in the bottom above the skid plate. I thought it was strange. I had not hit anything but sure enough there it was. I heard a slight whistling sound coming from under the truck and noticed the rubber feed hose was sucked shut. I opened the fuel cap and the fuel tank popped (oil canned) and the vacuum was released. I started the truck after a long crank and drove it home. The fuel cap was metal and had 3 screws holding it together. I disassembled the fuel cap and under the handle cover was a breather hole. The hole had a 2" long extruded mud trail twisted and stuck under the cap. That dust was sticking there every time i was driving dirt roads which was all the time and that small amount of diesel was picking up dust particulates and sticking fast and it was so tight it clogged the vent. Also check your fuel cap and make sure it is venting. Good Luck. I have an M1009 in my driveway that has in inoperable fuel gauge stuck at 3 o'clock way past F. I will check that out some day soon. I did the frame ground and that was not the issue. That requires pulling the tank. I had the tank out 6 years ago so I have that gone for me which is nice. Be Safe and Have a Great Day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks